Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Conforming under the pressures of Social Psychology

Now I honestly wasn't going to make an introduction post for myself and still don't plan on it. Yet as my role solidified with being in a blog "a social setting" with three good friends, I feel the pressure mounting against me(idea of resilience with conformity[ by the way this is my way of incorporating psychology into everyday life and vise versa, a connection that I feel is important). I contemplated how it would look to start off if all the other posters had an introduction, while my participation dwindled in comparison, noticed only in my commentary on others notes. It seemed that I would be ostracized thus prompting me to start this entry. All i will say about my attachment level (okay I've truly forget these) to psychology is one of interest, and can be summed up into three things.

Where is the mind? It has not an anatomical location? That's the difference between biology and psychology... the unknown factor.

Reference (in my opinion) to social psychology: "Not he is great who can alter matter, but he who can alter my state of mind"- Ralph Ellison

"What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind. What is the soul? It is immaterial." - Thomas Hood

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

"Not he is great who can alter matter, but he who can alter my state of mind" That's hot...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home